Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What To Buy At Lake Kawaguchi, Japan: Kinako Mochi


Here is the souvenir that I bought from the Funatsuya Rest House. If you like mochi or mochi with sweet red bean paste, I suggest you give this a try. Kinako is soybean powder. You have to be careful not to breathe in the powder, unless you want to have a coughing fit.


This comes in a bag with mini sets of kinako mochi, brown sugar syrup and a flat toothpick like stick.

What you do is separate the mochi pieces, there should be at least 2 cubes, and then pour the brown sugar syrup on top and enjoy! If you like it really sweet you can use all of the syrup, but I don't so I just use a third of it. I recommend you keep the box on top of the plastic wrap, because the powder does make a bit of a mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment