Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nakatsugawa, Japan: With the Last of Light


The sun was setting and the light reflected off the snow capped mountains beautifully. In this sleepy little town where the main occupation is farming they have the opportunity to enjoy a magnificent sunset almost everyday. 


 How often do we miss things that are right in front of us, because we see it everyday?


Yes, this photo isn't much of anything, but I have a good reason behind taking it. It's a blah photo, but this photograph will forever help me to remember just how enormous the sun was right before it slipped over the horizon. We couldn't find a good spot to stop the car to take a picture, but I couldn't stop thinking how huge the sun was. The only time I have seen it that huge was in a movie and I didn't think it was possible to be that big. I felt like I was staring at a planet as I approached it. I don't know what caused the sun to be so big, but I have a feeling I won't have a chance to see it that big again.

Have you ever taken a photograph right after it disappeared, but kept the photograph anyway because of the memory?




No comments:

Post a Comment