Monday, October 25, 2010

Tokyo Banana

 Ok, I know this has nothing to do with Nagoya, but I just had to put this up. I LOVE Tokyo Banana! They are known for their banana shaped cake with a banana cream filling and it is soooooo good! But, they also make a lot of other cakes and cookies that are also good. For instance, this Baumkuchen is from Tokyo Banana. It is a banana and chocolate layered baumkuchen.

Sato had gone to Tokyo for the weekend and he brought back an "Omiyage" (a gift) for me. He had actually gone the weekend before too and he had brought back the Tokyo Banana that I was talking about. I would have shown you a picture of them, but......they were so good that I ate them all without even thinking about taking a single picture of one. Sorry! 

If you are in Tokyo or are going to Tokyo, this is something that you should try! They have a lot of different items, but the Tokyo Banana, Kurobe (a chocolate version with a Banana cream filling), and this Baumkuchen is so delicious it would be a crime to not try at least one of them while you are in Tokyo. If you forget to locate this and are at the airport buy a box and take it home with you, either as a gift for someone, or as a little extra gift to yourself. I think only Haneda airport has a store that sells them, but there may be one in Narita airport. I hope you get a chance to try them!

1 comment:

  1. Seeking Quotes and Insights for a Book About Working in Japan

    I found your blog on the Japan Blog List and am contacting you regarding research for a new book I’m writing for ThingsAsian Press. I am looking for insights and quotable comments from individuals who have worked in Japan. I’m gathering information on a variety of fields, such as teaching, technology, office-based business, consultant services, visual arts, music, culinary arts, martial arts, entertainment, fashion, volunteer work, etc.

    If you are interested in participating in this project, please respond and I will send you a questionnaire. The reward for your efforts will include writer’s credits and bio, plus six copies of the published book.
    Looking forward to your reply….Celeste
    cheiter@thingsasian.com

    ReplyDelete