Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Toba, Japan: Omamori's


 These are the guard dog statutes that you will find at shrines. The guard dogs at each shrine are always different. It may not always be obvious, but if you pay attention you can find the differences.






Normally, people only buy one omamori (a type of good luck charm, it's so you will be protected by the gods. For example: protection for health or protection for driving, etc)


 This and the one above are from Ise shrine. (Geku then Naiku)


This is the one I bought at Meotoiwa. 


The boyfriend and I posing with the Meotoiwa with my GoPro. (Notice the curve? Really makes you feel like the Earth is round instead of just knowing it is round)



4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    This is an awesome blog! As a long time resident of Japan and an avid photography nut I can really appreciate the thought and time you put into your posts. Keep up the good work; I can't wait to see what you post next!

    Mike
    http://yokosukamike.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mike,

      I am so happy to hear that you enjoy my blog! Hopefully, I will be able to continuously capture your attention with my photographs. I hope you will have a chance to visit some of these places, if you haven't already.

      Thank you,

      Victoria

      Delete
  2. What lovely pictures you have taken! The guard dogs are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete