Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Seattle Series: Chambers Creek Beach Front


Here is the old pier. It isn't safe to stand on anymore, but it keeps part of this beachs' history alive.


When you visit here I recommend that you walk along the beach. It is a nice place to walk with your significant other!


You can see the Tacoma Narrows Bridge from here! When I visit my parents I always have to cross that bridge. (Actually, there are 2 bridges now, but people still call it in the singular form, bridge)

The ocean around here is some what clear, of course when you get to the deeper areas you can't see very far. For you divers it might be a little cold. A dry or wet suit may help, but I doubt that you will be able to see much of interest. I haven't heard of any popular diving areas.


For those of you who are really bored walking along here you can throw pennies, you would need to be REALLY bored to do this.





A giant piece of drift wood, or would it still be called a tree if it is this big?


This piece of drift wood reminded me of clouds.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, Victoria, we have three things in common. I live in Nagoya, my middle name is Marie, and I grew up in Steilacoom, near where your parents live. Funny that now I think about it, I never went to the beach in your pictures. I don't remember why, maybe because the only way to get there across Chambers Creek was the railroad tracks and it was scary. My brother sometimes went to Chambers Creek to fish, the area where I much later found out was the original Steilacoom Indian settlement, but I always got a creepy feeling and wouldn't go into the woods, plus the paper mill was noisy. I lived near Sunnyside Beach where I also much later found out was where Japanese farmers grew strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence! How long have you been in Nagoya? I've been here for a little over 2 years now. The next time you go back for a visit you should head over to Chambers Creek. There is a bridge that goes over the train tracks so you don't have to worry about a train coming when you cross to the beach. Also, the trail along there is very pleasant and plenty of people go there! I didn't know that it was where the original Indian Settlement was, that's a little sad to think that people were forced to move here, even if it is a beautiful location. You don't have to worry about going into any woods either! The trail winds around the Chambers Creek golf course.
      This is the first time for me to hear about Sunnyside Beach. I will have to try and find it the next time I visit.

      Thank you for commenting Theresa and I hope to hear from you again! (or run into you in Nagoya!)

      Delete