Friday, October 28, 2011

Tokoname: The Colors Around Town

Modern homes on one side, if you want to see the older houses please go here There is a photograph of what the houses used to look like in this town.


 Here is the photograph I had promised of the color version. I liked the fact that the texture of the paint on the metal is the same as the clouds in the sky.


 More town art.


 Stairs leading to a shrine.....I think it was a shrine. I could have remembered this incorrectly. It happens....a lot.


 Here is the old and the modern mixing together in this town.


 The handiwork at the glassblowing shop. Hoping to visit this shop when they are open and try my hand at glassblowing!


 Modern items with reflections of the old.


 This building is coated with tar to help preserve the wood. The red bars were used to roll ceramic pipes to the drying room before being fired in the kiln.


A view behind

1 comment:

  1. I really love the rustic quality to many of these buildings. It feels so "authentic".
    -insert bad segue here- I recently launched my blog called, the Amateur Image. I had an idea to feature other photograph enthusiasts as well. To incorporate this, I am planning to feature other artists on a separate section from the blog. I would love to feature some of your work. I think that you would be a great addition. Accepted work will be on display for one month. After the one month period, it will be moved to a past collections section. For the admission process, please send your photograph(s) to adnilul@gmail.com in JPEG format with your name and camera used to capture each photograph.
    Please consider this preposition. I think you would be a wonderful addition to the blog.

    Hope to receive your submission,
    Linda Lu

    ReplyDelete