Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tokoname: Searching for an Open Restaurant

 We got so caught up in taking pictures that we lost track of time. In this town, if you want to eat then you need to do so early! The few restaurants that are here say they close by 4 or 5pm, but it's such a small town that they kind of close when they feel like it.


 Recycled ceramic in use again! This is the pathway.


There was a restaurant next to this building, but apparently the owner left early...that would have been fine if I wasn't starving. But then again, that's what I get for getting caught up in taking photographs!


A wood stove for, I think, steaming food....I could be wrong though. It's just a guess. I didn't have a chance to see it in use.





 Some ceramics for sale


 Even the roof tiles are decorative!


 This dog was so still that I was afraid it was no longer alive...


 but he was! Love the look on his face that says "What do you want? Why are you bothering me?"





This old woman isn't the owner of the place or the dog. She was just a neighbor that had come over for a chat with the owner, who wasn't there. But, she was very nice and talkative. I think she would have come with us if she could have.


Leaving the closed restaurant.

Even though we were hungry we pushed on since we had traveled out this way. It took about 45 minutes by train from Sakae in Nagoya.



No comments:

Post a Comment