Monday, August 20, 2012

Been On Vacation in the U.S.

Sorry about the lack of posts in the last couple of days. I have been on vacation! I went to Seattle and then New York. I am now back in Seattle to spend a few more days with family before returning to Nagoya. I have lots of photographs that I would like to share with you from New York! For some reason I don`t have a lot of photos from Seattle. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I grew up here for 16 years so it`s hard to see things in a different light. I will try harder with the few remaining days that I have.



I have plenty of photographs to share as always and I hope that you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them! Here are a few of the things that I saw while I was in New York!

 Bethesda Fountain in Central Park


The Mall in Central Park


 Mini sailboats in Conservatory Lake.


 Views of Manhattan from Central Park.


 The well known Alice in Wonderland statue.


Finding a good shady place to rest is a must in Central Park or anywhere in Manhattan.


 The wonderful Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Later these steps were FILLED with people relaxing and eating or drinking items they bought from these street side vendors.

Mom: "Is that soup?"
Me: "No"
Mom: "Is it ramen?
Me: "Nope"
Mom: "There`s no way that's coffee."
Me: "Oh, but it is"

FYI: I did the smart thing and ordered the small version.....at least I thought it was smart until I saw that it was pretty much the same size as the large. The only difference was that my cup had a handle. Ha! Amazingly enough the boyfriend finished his cup of coffee and I had to leave about half of mine, AND this was after he finished off a ham and bacon sandwich.....this was all about an hour and a half after we ate lunch!! Boys really are different from girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment