Saturday, December 15, 2012

Seoul, Korea: Dinner and Dessert


My friend took me to this nice restaurant in Gangnam. It is known for their chicken dish that we ate that night.

Before I go any further I am going to say this, I am terrible at Korean. I had the hardest time pronouncing names, reading names, remembering names. This said I have to admit that I can not remember the name of this restaurant or the dish that we ate. You may blame this on pure laziness, but I blame it on my ability to remember names, places, dishes after hearing it a couple times. I have to see it and say it numerous times before I can commit it to memory. The ONLY reason I remember some of the neighborhoods that I visited is because I had been staring at the names for so long before my trip and then I kept hearing them during my trip. All the food and restaurants that my friend introduced me to were all new to me. So, I'm sorry that I can't give you exact details, but everything that I ate are common Korean dishes. I know this because I asked that we eat only Korean food, because hey I'm in Korea and I want to eat traditional dishes that haven't been altered to suit the taste buds of the country I am in i.e. Americanized Chinese food.



 My lovely friend Hye Sung who was such a sport with my inability to speak Korean. To give her credit she did try to teach me the correct way of saying the names, but I don't think I came even close to pronouncing them right.



 Here is the chicken dish that I was telling you about above. It reminded me of Teriyaki chicken that has been simmered for a long time. The chicken just fell off the bone and the vegetables and potatoes soaked up the sauce....Yum!





Cafe Jubilee in Itaewon. This place has the best Hot Chocolate! You can choose how dark you want your hot chocolate or you can get a mint or raspberry flavored one. I had the Hot mint chocolate one.



I really wanted to try one of their chocolates, but there were too many options and I was already drinking a chocolate drink. Chocolate overload!



These chocolates were cute! They had them packaged like lipsticks. 



Enjoying our hot chocolate by the window. The atmosphere of the cafe was very relaxed.  I wish I had time to go back one more time before I left, but maybe on my next visit.



Here is their web address in case you are interested in finding their location for your trip to Seoul!

Happy Hot Chocolate Drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment