Thursday, December 13, 2012

Seoul, Korea: Gangnam and Itaewon


I guess if you live in Korea you have to just get used to the freezing wind and snow in winter. Otherwise, you won't be able to be as happy as this couple is.
(Gangnam)


 Usually I prefer to stay home where it is warm on a cold snowy evening like this, but I had to explore the city a bit since I was only there for a few days. I have to say I was surprised by how many women were wearing high heels in this weather! It was a little slippery and there are hills in the area with tiles that can be dangerous, but they seemed to manage it somewhat....or they just grabbed onto their boyfriends for support.
 (Gangnam)


This was after the storm had passed, so we went out for a drink. I had a chance to visit a bar called Glam. The interior had a very sophisticated cool about it that I immediately felt under dressed in my winter wear, but oh well. I still had a great time people watching and enjoyed a nice Bellini.
 (Itaewon)


In this area there are a wide variety of bars to choose from. It is a good place to go if you are interested in experiencing the night life. This isn't the only area with a night life, but it is one of them.
(Itaewon)



Rows of bars and clubs.
(Itaewon)

 
An outdoor bar turned into an indoor one with just some plastic covers and heaters...plus a hot cocktail would warm you up.
(Itaewon)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog, it reminds me of Myeongdong Day Time , we can see faces of K-pop girl group Girl’s Generation, Blackpink, or boy group Exo , Super Junior on shirts as well as on stationeries, and also we can see traces of Winter Sonata, Autumn in My Heart, or My Sassy Girl on displays reminding us of the popular K- Dramas.
    I tried to write a blog about it, hope you also like it https://stenote.blogspot.com/2019/11/seoul-at-myeongdong-day-time.html.

    ReplyDelete