Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nagoya: Arimatsu Shibori Kaikan-Traditional Japanese Fabric Dyeing

 Welcome to Arimatsu! This town is famous (for hundreds of years) for their shibori skills, Japanese fabric dyeing.

 They tried to keep a lot of the old town feel here.

 All things considered I think they did a pretty good job!



















The in between.

This was the various things that I saw just walking down the road to the Shibori Kaikan (Traditional and oldest Japanese tie-dyeing location) The city of Arimatsu has been famous for years going back to when there were still samurai and major clans lived in Castles.  It's amazing to see the various ways of tying and sewing that can create various patterns.

Look out for the next post which will show my skills at tying and sewing a cloth to create a pattern!


3 comments:

  1. This place has very good atmosphere. its very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Reminds me that I need to buy a better camera for my next trip to Japan... -_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Jonas! I'm glad you enjoyed them. (^o^)y

    ReplyDelete