Thursday, June 28, 2012

Yagoto, Japan: Walking Course #2 at White Beard Shrine (Shirohige Jinja)

These Irises aren't in the best of shape, but I liked how they had designed the pond. With tall green leaves surrounded by rocks and then water, it's my image of a pond.


This very narrow walkway is a public walkway! It's at the end of a dead end, but I saw a few people walk through here (originally I thought it was someones' house that they were visiting, but there were just too many people walking through here). I walked up to the pathway and saw that it led between the houses.


I ended up at this shrine. I wonder if it's a good thing that people constantly walk through this shrine to reach the street....





I just happened to notice this bars sign, because instead of "Jazz & Drinks" it says "Jazz & Booze".


I'm not sure what this is. It sits above the coin box. Any ideas?


This is called the "Shirohige Shrine" or "White Beard Shrine".








Lots of fox figurines at this shrine!











No comments:

Post a Comment