Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nagoya, Japan: Higashi Ote Station to Morishita Station

Along this walking course there were a number of very old buildings. This is right in front of the former Nagoya Courthouse.




After a 5 minute walk and crossing a main road I found this residence which is famous for just how OLD it is. They still have the wall surrounding their home which was the style back when this home was built.



Along this walk there are a few museums (I think private museums since they are small). They on average have a 200yen fee to enter the building. Of course, standing outside is free and you are allowed to take photos this way.



A different museum that is famous for it's stained glass windows and very unique building structure.


This was an apartment complex that i just happened to come across. The balconies reminded me of my trip to Barcelona where I visited Antoni Gaudi's architectural masterpieces.



This mark was on the gates of a temple that I'm thinking is meant to be protectors of children.....since I saw an Ojizou-san Statue with 2 kids and the kids were wearing baby clothes that people had placed on them.






The season of the Lotus Flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment