Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Park in OwariSeto; Nagoya, Japan

When walking up to the park I was greeted with this view.





There was this really old style house at the top of the stairs. I couldn't go inside, but the roof was interesting. I hadn't seen this type of roofing before.


There were some tiles on the ground, but most of them were cracked like this or the colors were all gone.


I'm not sure how to describe what I found inside this building, a statue? an obelisk? maybe a stone pillar? I will show you what I am talking about a little further in this post.









I walked up to the top of the building and found this view of the city, of course when I looked down I saw...


this. As you can see it was a beautiful day...I should probably invest in a hat if I am going to be out in the sun like this.


Here is what I found inside the building. It's a pillar with a whole lot of Kanji characters on it. I have no clue what it says, but there were some designs on it that I wish I could have seen when it was new.


A lot of detail was put into the artwork, but now the color has disappeared and...


most of the carvings have fallen off or disintegrated. Only the shadows remain.




No comments:

Post a Comment