Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Streets of Kakuozan: Nagoya, Japan



This was the second time that I have found a nest of baby sparrows in a nest on my walks. The first time was in Owari Seto and they were so tiny that I could only barely see their beaks and tops of their heads. This time they were bigger, but still waiting for their parents to return. I think was making them nervous, because the parents were flying by and then sitting on the wire outside. So, I only stayed long enough to take this photo and see the parents flying around.


I liked the feel of this street. With the white walls and rocks on the bottom portion....



I loved the rooster on the roof to indicate the direction of the wind. It was the first time I've ever seen this. Even in Seattle I hadn't seen one of these before, figures it takes for me to move to Japan to see one of these.



2 comments:

  1. Amazing snapshots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I had fun playing around with these photos, so I'm happy that you liked them!

      Delete