Friday, July 6, 2012

Nagoya, Japan: Owariseto's Old Houses


There were many dilapidated homes in this area. I wasn't expecting it, but it is in an area where mostly elderly people live. The even more surprising thing was that people still lived in some of the homes. Maybe they stay for nostalgia or maybe they have no where else to go, I can only guess as to why.

There was a distinct contrast between the beautiful blue sky and these old houses.

The streets were small and narrow. I didn't run into anyone walking along here.


Some beautiful white flowers that said "Summer" to me.


This was the first time I saw this time of vine that twists and turns around itself. They seemed so delicate, but I'm sure they are very hardy!








I liked the colors and the shading on these windows. The jagged edged awning just emphasized the decay through time and mother nature.



A view of a temple over the tops of people's homes.
Next I will post about the park that I found after this. I'm pretty sure people rarely visit that area, just from the look of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment