Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lan No Yakata: The Last of the Orchid Garden In Nagoya....Fini





 At first glance these flowers looked like they were made of jelly or plastic. But, they are actually real flowers!





 I loved the pattern on this leaf! It looked like it was painted on!

 This is the end of the inside of the garden.......now onto the outside!



 My friend, Mel, walking along the pond.



 They had this fountain going that created a cool mist to keep people cool. You can see the water coming up from the ground if you look carefully.

 Pond skimmers! I've been fascinated by pond skimmers since I was a little kid...I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because they can walk on water....

 The other edge of the pond.

 Lily pads!

 In abundance...

 I thought this frog carving was very cute! It's papa frog with his arm around baby frog...

 A very mini bridge....



 Giant stepping stones to cross over the mini stream.....you can actually just hop over without the stones.....

 Some Roses that were growing in the outside garden.

 They smelled amazing!







 I loved this cat sculpture! It reminded me of the Cheshire cat. Except, you can see it's whiskers instead of  a smile....

Nagoya's characters......that I unfortunately can not remember the name of....if I remember I will post them. I hope you enjoyed the Orchid Garden, Lan No Yakata! It really is a beautiful garden and I highly recommend stopping by if you can! They change the scenery a little bit depending on the season, so who knows maybe I will be back for the fall or winter!

Well, I guess I shouldn't say that I am finished with the garden, because I wanted to show you the artwork on some of the stars for Tanabata. But! It's not flowers or fauna so you will be happy about that.......hopefully. But, after that post look out for my post on the summer festival and fireworks display at Minato ku from July 18, which was Ocean Day in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment